The response for my White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe was massive and the feedback has been amazing. Even though it is an insanely tasty cheesecake, it can be a bit heavy calorie-wise for some individuals with limited calorie intake. Here is a lighter cheesecake that still tastes awesome – despite the pretty low calorie content. I’m known for eating at least one cheesecake every week during my cuts and this is one of my favorites. Sometimes I don’t even make the biscuit base but just the filling and eat a whole bowl.
I promised one of my biggest fat loss clients that I would share the recipe with him once he reached his long term goal of getting below 100 kg . This day has come so this post is dedicated to him, but I hope you all like it. (You know who you are, and I am very proud of you)
For the biscuit base
- 8-10 digestive biscuits (full grain or regular)
- 50 g butter
For the filling
- 2 whole eggs
- 200g fat free cream cheese
- 250 g fat free quark
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 grated lemon peel
- 5 gelatin sheets
- 200 grams frozen berries (Personally I prefer blueberries or raspberries)
- Melt the butter and crush the biscuits and mix (or mix the biscuits and butter in a food processor.) Press onto the base of a 23cm springform tin. Bake in oven 5-10 minutes and put in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another. Using an electric mixer, mix the egg whites hard. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down.
- Using an electric mixer – mix the yolks with cream cheese, quark, grated lemon peel, sweetener and vanilla sugar. Squeeze the lemon juice from one whole lemon in there as well.
- Put the gelatin sheets in some water for 5 minutes. Melt them in a saucepan on low temperature ad mix it into the filling once it’s completely liquid. Add the mixed egg whites and stir carefully.
- Distribute the filling evenly over the bottom and put the whole cake in the refrigerator. Cook the berries in a saucepan until it looks like jam. Pour on top of the cake and put in the fridge for another 2-3 hours.
The whole process in pictures:
Nutritional information per piece
- 10 g protein
- 13 g carbohydrates
- 10 g fat
Other posts you might find interesting:
© 2011 – 2013, Dr.Bojan Kostevski. Lift-Heavy.com is a division of Hardcore Training Solutions – All Rights Reserved – All images are copyright of their respective owners.